ref link

Working Night Shift?  

Posted by Grace Labado-Orzal in


Are you one of those people who works at night? If yes, you should read this one.

Nowadays, there are lots of people who are working at night. To think that call centers and other jobs usually has a graveyard shift.

Sadly, lots of people who are working at night don't know how to take good care of their health. And I am one of those.

I am not a call center agent but still I work at night from 11:00 PM to 8:00 AM. For the whole night that I am awake I feel like I am always hungry and to think that eating can makes me awake. Not knowing that those foods that I take can still makes me feel and look bad.

I notice that in this past few weeks I easily gain weight and I think that is not good. I usually eat junkfoods, sweets and other foods that can make me awake. But, this isn't makes me strong.

So, I tried to look for some information about the food that I should eat while working at night. And I discover that eating sweets, junkfoods are not healthy at all.

According to some experts, those who works at night usually eat those unhealthy foods which is not adviceable. Experts said that those who works at night should always consider what they eat. Instead of buying foods on a fast food chain just bring baon or snacks like fruits, vegetable sticks, pretzels and salads. On that way, you can stay away from sugar and carbohydrate rich foods. This food can give you more energy and can also help you to be awake all night.

Those who work at night should have a five (5) small meals a day with an interval of three to four hours.

Foods are not the only problem that a graveyard shift encounters. Because they are working at night they are also lack of sleep. I usually have 4 hours of sleep a day but I think it is enough. I don't think I have to have an eight (8) hours sleep as long as I sleep comfortably even if it only takes four hours. That happens when I started not to drink coffee at all. I am not drinking coffee for almost three months and I feel much better than before. I know those who works at night should drink coffee to stay awake. But me, I don't need coffee at all. Sometimes I drink a glass of fruit juice and also a glass of water.

The other things that night shifters must do when they about to sleep is to use a dim light, you can also use curtains to avoid sunlight to enter in your room and of course told everyone in your house to use minimal voice.

Those are some of the tips to be able to stay awake at night and be healthy at the same time. I am going to follow those tips to be able to finish my work without feeling like I am so exhausted.

Hope those tips also help those people who work at night!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 at Tuesday, September 09, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment